i need you maurice white wiki 4

"[157], Artists such as Stokley Williams, Richard Marx, Raphael Saadiq, Larry Blackmon, and Nate Dogg have named White as an influence. [75][76] Mr. Gone rose to No. MAURICE WHITE While in the group White was introduced in a Chicago drum store to the African thumb piano or kalimba. [30][31][32] This Is Niecy has also been certified Gold in the US by the RIAA and Silver in the UK by the BPI. 12 on the Billboard Top Soul Albums chart and No. [74] He then guested with Deniece Williams on Weather Report's 1978 album Mr. Gone. [23], A website entitled www.Startalk.org was also set up in 1999 in honour of Maurice. È noto soprattutto per essere stato fondatore e frontman degli Earth, Wind & Fire. [131][132][133] The album featured guest artistes such as Ray Parker Jr., Sheldon Reynolds, Bootsy Collins, Larry Graham, Ledisi, Ronnie Laws, Musiq Soulchild, Bernie Worrell, Maceo Parker, Larry Dunn and Gerald Albright. She then released 1979's When Love Comes Calling on ARC Records, Maurice's vanity label on Columbia. [147][148] White also won an ASCAP Award as a composer of, "That's The Way Of The World", with it being a theme song of the sitcom Hearts Afire.[149][150]. Headed for the Future has been certified Gold in the US by the RIAA. White's version of "Stand by Me" got to No. 1 on the UK Pop Singles chart. Robin Denselow of The Guardian called the album a "lush collection of self produced dance tracks, and the occasional ballad, with synths and drum programming immaculately in place, and the vocals as classy as ever". 13 on the Cashbox Jazz Albums chart. I have learned so much from (Maurice) and he actually said that he learned a lot from me. 10 on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart. Rejoice has also been certified Platinum in the US by the RIAA. [9][151][152] His younger half-brother, Verdine White, an original member of Earth, Wind & Fire, still tours with the band as its bassist and a backing vocalist. [18] As a member of the Trio, Maurice played on several of their albums. [21], With Maurice as the bandleader and producer of most of the band's albums, EWF earned legendary status winning six Grammy Awards out of 17 nominations,[22] a star on the Hollywood Boulevard Walk of Fame, and four American Music Awards. 20 on the Billboard Adult Contemporary Songs chart and No. Top Maurice White Lyrics Believe In Magic Lady Is Love Switch On Your Radio Children Of Afrika Invitation Jamboree Stand By Me. 7 on the Billboard Jazz Albums & No. White, dopo aver fondato gli Earth, Wind & Fire, partecipò ad alcuni progetti paralleli, tra i quali The Emotions. They had a moderate hit in the Midwest area with their single "La La Time",[21] but their second single, "Uh Huh Yeah", was not as successful. 1 on the Billboard Smooth Jazz Songs chart. [13][14] White also played the drums on Fontella Bass's "Rescue Me", Billy Stewart's "Summertime" and Jackie Wilson's (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher. All in the Way rose to No. With Charles Stepney co-producing with White, their third studio album entitled Flowers was issued in 1976. That album was certified Platinum in the US by the RIAA[81][82] He also appeared as a guest artist on the Tubes 1983 album Outside Inside. White and Allee Willis also wrote several new songs for the play. "Kool" marked the first time White collaborated with his friend Stevie Wonder. [92][93][94], White also produced Neil Diamond on his 1986 album Headed for the Future. Maurice produsse numerosi artisti famosi, tra cui Barbra Streisand, The Emotions, Ramsey Lewis, Jennifer Holliday, The Tubes, Deniece Williams, e Neil Diamond. 1 on the Billboard Dance Club Play chart. During 1996 Maurice stopped regularly touring with the band but still occasionally appeared on stage. [69][70], White composed on Eumir Deodato's 1978 studio album Love Island. [8] He grew up in South Memphis, where he lived with his grandmother in the Foote Homes Projects and was a childhood friend of Booker T Jones and David Porter. White produced the girl group's 1979 LP Come into Our World which was released on his own Columbia imprint ARC Records. Maurice White (Memphis, 19 dicembre 1941 – Los Angeles, 4 febbraio 2016) è stato un cantautore, musicista e produttore discografico statunitense. While at Chess, he played on the records of artists such as Etta James, Chuck Berry, Rotary Connection, Junior Wells, Sonny Stitt, Muddy Waters, the Impressions, the Dells, Betty Everett, Willie Dixon, Sugar Pie DeSanto and Buddy Guy. He was the founder of the band. Urban Knights I featured Ramsey Lewis, percussionist Omar Hakim, trumpeter Freddie Hubbard, The Emotions and saxophonist Grover Washington, Jr.. The album peaked at No. J.D. On the LP were featured artists such as Chaka Khan, Musiq Soulchild, Mint Condition, Kirk Franklin and Angie Stone. Due tra i fratelli di Maurice White divennero componenti degli Earth, Wind & Fire: il bassista Verdine ed il batterista Fred. Weather Report's follow up LPs 8:30, Night Passage and Weather Report were also issued on ARC. I Need You This song is by Maurice White and appears on the album Maurice White (1985). 16 on the Billboard Hot Soul Songs chart. Aggravatosi quasi subito, decise di non esibirsi più dal vivo nelle tournée del gruppo, ma rimase comunque a lungo impegnato nell'ambiente musicale, soprattutto nella produzione di nuovi artisti, fino alla morte, avvenuta a Los Angeles il 4 febbraio 2016 all'età di 75 anni per le complicazioni della patologia. 22 on the Billboard Top R&B Albums chart. 5 on the UK Blues & Soul Top British Soul Singles chart and No. [105] The album rose to No. [36][37] A single entitled "Baby, Baby My Love's All for You" got to No. Earth, Wind & Fire: The Eternal Dance. Lavorò inoltre con molti artisti internazionali come Charito e gli Urban Knights assieme a Ramsey Lewis. Javascript is required to view shouts on this page. Nel 2000 il suo gruppo degli Earth, Wind & Fire fu inserito nella Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, mentre White entrò nella Songwriters Hall of Fame nel 2010.[2]. 6 on the Billboard Hot Soul Songs chart. Leave feedback, Maurice White (born December 19, 1941; died February 3, 2016) was an American singer-songwriter, musician, record producer, arranger and bandleader. White compose inoltre alcuni brani assieme ad Allee Willis. Add a video, Do you know any background info about this track? He also performed alongside Alicia Keys at Clive Davis's 2004 pre-Grammy awards party where they performed the band's 1978 hit "September". (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher, Best R&B Performance By a Duo or Group with Vocals, Interpretations: Celebrating The Music Of Earth, Wind & Fire, National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, Best Instrumental Arrangement Accompanying Vocalist(s), "MAURICE WHITE, PHILOSOPHER AND TRUTH SEEKER – AN APPRECIATION", Maurice White, a Voyager Who Traveled Musical Paths, "The funk tribute was a memorable Grammys moment", "Alicia Keys Earth Wind and Fire – Freestyle – Live", "Deniece Williams Story Part 2 (1975–1981)", "Deniece Williams: This Is Niecy (Top Soul Albums)", "Deniece Williams: This Is Niecy (Billboard 200)", "Deniece Williams: Free (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "Deniece Williams: Songbird (Top R&B Albums)", "Deniece Williams: Baby, Baby My Love's All For You (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)", "Deniece Williams: When Love Comes Calling (Top Soul Albums)", "Deniece Williams: I've Got The Next Dance (Dance Club Songs)", "The Emotions: Flowers (Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums)", "The Emotions: I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love (Dance Club Songs)", "The Emotions: I Don't Wanna Lose Your Love (Hot Soul Songs)", "The Emotions: Sunbeam (Top Soul Albums)", "American Music Awards: Favorite Soul/R&B Band/Duo/Group", "The Emotions: What's the Name of Your Love?

高校 留学制度 大阪, ああ あなた は あきら です ね 英語, イラレ パターン素材 使い方, プリウス スマートキー 紛失 値段, Mac Hdd 暗号化 解除, Microsoft Office 2016 製品キー ジェネレーター, エブリィワゴン Da64w マフラー, フットサルシューズ メーカー 特徴, 100均 タッチペン 使い方, Jr 払い戻し クレジットカード いつ, Ps4 Usb 反応しない, テレワーク パンツ メンズ, 布 カビ 茶色, ディスクキャッシュフォルダーが存在するドライブには 環境設定で指定 され ている容量を すべて 保存 できるだけ の空き容量が ありません, 兵庫 県 高校 駅伝 中継, スマホ ステッカー おしゃれ 貼り方, かもしれない 英語 May Might, ジョコビッチ ラコステ ユニクロ, Word テキストボックス 回転, ジュリエッタ コンペティ ツィ オーネ 評価, インター コンチネンタル 横浜 部屋, 休日 奥田民生 コード, 予測変換 履歴 削除, エスティマ 4wd システムチェック, リトルマーメイド 実写 ひどい, すみっこぐらし ふろしき しましま, Macbook Pro 16 サーマルスロットリング, 血栓症 かも 何科, 親子留学 おすすめ エージェント, デスクトップ アイコン 開かない, ギター デカール 塗装, 西船橋 ラーメン 二郎, 人参 玉ねぎ サンドイッチ, 新幹線 小倉 東京, Oppo Reno A 着信音設定, Jr西宮 ランチ おしゃれ,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *